2-14 ounce cans black beans, drained, rinsed and patted dry
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 cup fetta cheese
1/2 cup oat flour or bread crumbs
2 large eggs
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp barbecue sauce, ketchup or vegan mayo
pinch of salt and black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spread beans on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until slighly dried out.
2. Heat oil over medium heat. Saute' chopped pepper, onion and
garlic until peppers and onions ae soft (5 to 6 minutes). Using paper towels, gently blot some of the moisture out. Place mixture in a large bowl or in a food processor with cummin, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, oat flour or bread crumbs, feta, eggs,
Worcestershire sauce, barbecue sauce, ketchup or mayo and salt and pepper. Stir or pulse mixture.
3. Add black beans. Mash with a fork or pulse the mixture, leaving some larger chunks of the beans.
4. Form into patties (each about
1/3 cup of mixture).
5. Place patties on a lined baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, turning halfway through. Or grill using aluminum foil, 8 minutes per side.