Nov. 5, 2017
Iced rosemary-ginger peach green tea recipe
cups boiling water
- 8 tea bags peach green tea or other flavored tea (use 6 bags for a milder tea)
- Several sprigs fresh rosemary, plus extra for garnish
- 2 peaches, sliced
- Ice cubes
- To a pitcher, add the tea bags and fresh rosemary.
- Carefully pour the boiling water over the top, and allow the tea to steep for 6 to 8 minutes, depending on the strength of flavor you desire.
- Remove the tea bags and rosemary, and allow the tea to cool.
- Divide the fresh peaches among glasses. Using a muddler, gently muddle the peaches to break them up and release their juices.
- Pour the cooled tea over the tops of the peaches, and sweeten each glass of tea with the ginger syrup (recipe below).
- Add ice, and mix well. Garnish with extra rosemary, if desired, and serve immediately.
Ginger syrup recipe
Yields about 1-1/4 cups
- 3/4 cup fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup water
- To a small pot over high heat, add all the ingredients, and bring them to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and allow to simmer uncovered until the sugar has melted and the syrup is slightly thick.
- Remove from the heat, and allow the syrup to cool.
- Pour the syrup into a glass jar, and store it in a dark, cool place.