Oreo Cheesecake Bars
1 pkg of oreo cookies
1 roll of chocolate chip cookie dough
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 pkgs of cream cheese
caramel for drizzle
In a square baking dish , press the cookie dough into the bottom of the dish, place oreo cookies on top of the cookie dough. In a mixing bowl add the cream cheese(room temperature), 2 eggs, vanilla, pinch of salt. Mix until smooth and creamy. Pour mixture over the oreos evenly and then top with crumbled oreo cookies, bake at 325 for 35 to 40 minutes. Check them at the 35 minute mark so you dont over bake. Cool for at least 30 minutes before eating. Chill them if you like, Drizzle with Caramel before eating.
I double this recipe because it is not enough for us to have lots of left-over.
Caramelized Apple Crock Pot Oatmeal
Crock Pot Apple Oatmeal
2 pounds sweet or tart apples, chopped into 1 inch pieces. (peeling is optional) and I prefer tart apples.
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1.2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 cups of rolled, old fashioned oats
2 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cups water
1. Generously grease the bowl of a crock pot
2. Toss the apples, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice in a large bowl, then add the oats and stir.
3. Either in the same bowl or a new one, whisk the eggs into the milk until the mixture is very smooth, add water and whisk again. Pour over the apple mixture.
4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for around 4-5 hours.
If you don't like crispy edges on the oatmeal then keep and eye on it, or cook it during a time when you can check it often. I let mine cook overnight. We loved it.
Asian-Style Green Beans
Plain green beans are transformedd into a spicy Asian side dish-
a natural accompaniment to pork or roast chicken.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 5 teaspoons vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
salt to taste
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1/2 to 1 teaspoon soy sauce
1. Heat a large, heavy skillet with a tight fitting lid. When the pan is hot, add the oil and heat it for 30 seconds. Add the ginger, garlic, pepper flakes, and green beans and cook over hight heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add 1/2 cup of water and a generous pinch or two of salt. Cover the pan and steam for 6 minutes, or until beans are almost fully tender. Check on the water once or twice; if more is needed, add 1/4 cup. Add the hoisin and soy sauces and stir. Cook, uncovered, until the water evaporates and the sauce coats the beans thickly. Serve hot.
Makes 4-6 servings.
Peach, Red Onion, and Tomato Salsa
Serve with chips or on grilled fish or burgers.
1 1/2 cups peeled and finely diced fresh, ripe peaches
1 1/2 cups cored, seeded, and finely diced tomatoes
1/2 cup finely chopped red onions
1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapenos, plus 1 teaspoon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
2 to 3 teaspoons sugar
salt, to taste
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate for several hours.
Stir and taste occasionally, adjusting the seasoning as needed.
2. Transfer to one or more jars with a lid, cover, and refrigeerate for up
to a week.
Makes about 4 cups.
Italian Sausage & Two-Bean Skillet
In a large skillet heat 1 Tbsp. -extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add 4 uncooked Italian sausage links(1lb.);cook 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Add 2 peeled, sliced shallots and 1 Tbsp, minced garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, Bring to boiling;reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Add 12 oz. green beans and one 15-oz can rinsed drained cannellini beans; return to simmer. Cover;cook 5 minutes or until green beans are crisp-tender and sausage is done (160 degrees F). Stir in 8ox halved cherry tomatoes and 1/3 cup chopped italian parsley.
I love this recipe, it is so awesome in the summertime, and also even hearty in the winter months. Be sure to use fresh green beans, it just doesn't have the same great taste with over cooked canned beans from the grocery store shelf. Remember FRESH IS BETTER!!!
Chopped Green Bean Salad With Manchego
Cut 1 1/14 lb. green beans into 1-inch pieces;cook in a large pot of salted boiling water 4 minutes. Transfer to ice water;drain, In a blender combine 1/3 cup red wine vinegar, 1/3 cup minced shallots, 1/2 tsp. black pepper. Add 4oz. finely shredded Manchego or Parmesan (I prefer the Manchego) and 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil. Blend until smooth. In a bowl combine beans, dressing, 2 cups farro, 3/4 cup golden raisins, and 2oz chopped Manchego or Parmesan.. Season to taste. Makes 4 servings.
Kentucky Bourbon Sauce
In a heavy medium saucepan warm 2 tsp. vegetable oil over medium heat. Add 2 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces; cook until crisp, 3-5 minutes. Drain; reserve drippings in pan. Add 1 finely chopped yellow onion (2/3 cup) to pan;reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until soft and goldn brown, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 clove garlic, minced; cook 1 minute. Add 1/4 cup bourbon;increase heat to medium-high. Boil 1 minute. Add 1 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup water, 3 Tbsp cider vinegar, 3 Tbsp. unsulfured molasses (not blackstrap), 2 Tbsp. dark steak sauce, 1 Tbsp. spicy brown mustard, 1 tsp. liquid smoke and 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat. simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until reduced to 2 cups, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, stir in cooked bacon.
This makes a great sauce for your grilled burgers!!
Spiced Rosemary Nuts
3 cups salted mixed nuts
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Toss the nuts, melted butter, rosemary, brown sugar and cayenne in a large bowl until combined.
Spread the coated nuts in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
2. Bake the nuts until fragrant and toasted, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.
Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
1 head cauliflower, stem removed
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup marinara sauce (I use Bertolli Marinara with Burgundy Wine)
Sliced bell peppers and onion, for topping.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment papr. Break the cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor until fine. Line a steamer basket with a kitchen towel(not terrycloth);set in a saucepan with 2 inches simmering water. Add the cauliflower, cover and cook 5 minutes. Drain well, then wing dry in the towel to get out all the moisture. Let cool.
2. In a bowl, combine the cauliflower with 1/2 cup mozzarella, the parmesan, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, the garlic powder and eggs. Transfer to the center of the baking sheet and spread into a 10-inch circle to make a pizza crust. Bake until goldern, about 20 minutes.
3. Spread the marinara sauce on the crust; top with bell peppers and onion and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella. Return to the oven and bake an additional 10 minutes.
CIDER POMEGRANTE SPARKLER
Combine 3 cups apple cider,1 cup pomegrante juice and the juice of 2 limes. Pour into ice filled glasses and top with seltzer. Garnish with lime wedges.
JALEPENO CIDER SHANDY
Combine 3/4 cup cold lager and 3/4 cup apple cider in a glass. Stir in 1 teaspoon jalapeno hot sauce: garnish with lime wedge.
Blend 3/4 cup each apple cider and usweetened coconut milk, 1 sliced banana and 1 cup each frozen strawberries, frozen mango and ice until smooth.
CIDER FRUIT PUNCH
Combine 2 cups apple cider and 1 cup each pineapple juice, orange juice and cherry juice. Garnish with fruit.
APPLE CIDER FLOAT
Fill a small glass two-thirds full with apple cider. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, then sprinkle with apple pie spice.
Freeze apple cider in an ice cube tray. Simmer 4 more cups of cider and 2 cups raspberries in a saucepan until the raspberries break down, 7 minutes; strain and chill. Server over the cider ice cubes; garnish with raspberries.