Makes 6 servings
1 pound radishes with tops
2 1/2 teaspoos kosher salt, divided
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons al-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, divided
1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup panko (Japenese bread crumbs)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray 6 (10 ounce) oven
proof dishes with cooking spray and place on prepared pan.
2. Cut tops off radishes, Rinse greens well, and place in a colander; set aside.
3. Cut radishes into quarters, and place in a medium saucepan. Add 2 teaspoons salt and water
to cover; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until crisp-tender about 5 minutes. Place radishes in a colander with greens, and let drain.
4. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour, cook for 1 minute. Whisk
in half-and-half, 1 teaspoon thyme, pepper and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in cheeses until melted. Fold in radishes and greens; spoon into prepared dishes.
5. In a medium bowl, stir together panko, melted butter, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon thyme. Spoon over radish mixture. 6. Bake until filling is bubbly and topping is browned, 20 to 30 minutes.