Gingerbread Cake Ingredients
1 cup white sugar
1 cup melted butter
1 cup molasses
¼ cup hot water with 2 tsp baking soda added to it
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
½ tsp ground cloves
1 cup hot water
Gingerbread Cake Directions
1. In a large bowl cream sugar, melted butter, molasses, and eggs.
2. Add water and soda mixture.
3. Mix together dry ingredients.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
5. Add 1 cup of hot water to the batter. This will result in a very thin batter.
6. Grease and flour a 9 X 13 pan, pour in batter. I use a tube pan for the decorated cake.
7. Bake @ 325°F for 40 – 60 minutes. Check to see if the cake is done by inserting a toothpick, when it comes out clean the cake is done.